We believe your privacy is important. Kin Early Education Pty Ltd has developed a ‘Privacy and Confidentiality Policy’ that illustrates how we collect, use, disclose, manage and transfer personal information, including health information. This policy is available on request and is reviewed and updated to take account of new laws, technology and changes to centre operations and practices.
To ensure ongoing funding and licensing, our Centre is required to comply with the requirements of privacy legislation in relation to the collection and use of personal information. If we need to collect health information, our procedures are subject to the Health Records Act 2001.
Purpose for which information is collected and how it will be used
The reasons for which we generally collect personal information are given below.
Personal information and health information collected in relation to Children and parents/guardians:
- To enable us to provide for the education and care of the child attending the Centre
- To manage and administer the Centre as required
- To keep Parents/Guardians/guardians informed about matters related to their child's care, through correspondence, newsletters and magazines;
- looking after child’s educational, social and medical well-being;
- To satisfy legal obligations and allow Kin Early Education Pty Ltd to discharge its duty of care.
- In the case that a request for personal information has been denied Kin Early Education Pty Ltd may not be able to enrol or continue the enrolment of the child.
Personal information and health information collected in relation to The Approved Provider if an individual, or members of the Committee of Management/Board if the Approved Provider is an organisation
- For the management of the Centre
- To comply with relevant legislation requirements
Personal information and health information collected in relation to Job applicants, employees, contractors, volunteers and students
- To assess and (if necessary) to engage employees, contractors, volunteers or students
- To administer the individual’s employment, contracts or placement of students and volunteers
- For insurance purposes
- To satisfy the companies legal obligations
Disclosure of personal information, including health information
Kin Early Education Pty Ltd is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act.
Some personal information, including health information and sensitive information, held about an individual may be disclosed to:
- Government departments or agencies, as part of our legal and funding obligations
- Local government authorities, for planning purposes
- Organisations providing services related to employee entitlements and employment
- Insurance providers, in relation to specific claims or for obtaining cover
- Law enforcement agencies
- Health organisations and/or families in circumstances where the person requires urgent medical assistance and is incapable of giving permission
- Anyone to whom the individual authorises us to disclose information.
Laws that require us to collect specific information
The Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, Associations Incorporation Act 1981 and employment-related laws and agreements require us to collect specific information about individuals from time-to-time. Failure to provide the required information could affect:
- A child’s enrolment at the Centre
- A person’s employment with the Centre
- The ability to function as an incorporated association.
Access to information
Individuals about whom we hold personal or health information are able to gain access to this information in accordance with applicable legislation. However, there may be occasions when access is denied. The procedure for obtaining information is set out in our ‘Privacy and Confidentiality Policy, which is available on request.
For information on the ‘Privacy and Confidentiality Policy’, please refer to the copy available at the Centre or contact the Approved Provider/Nominated Supervisor.